The basic tasks of the department:
1. To restore the number and species diversity of fauna by protecting fauna and its environment, struggle with poaching, regeneration and bio-techniques, achievement of eutrophic quantity of the fauna;
2. To monitor the condition of population of wild animals;
3. To elaborate scientifically well-founded regulations of economical and recreational use of specific fauna elements, the development of zoological tourism;
4. To introduce leading complex approaches into nature resources management of the Park;
5. To provide training and popularization;
6. To develop international cooperation.